Wordle

a href="http://www.wordle.net/show/wrdl/4293110/Untitled" title="Wordle: Untitled">Wordle: Untitled

Monday, January 2, 2012

A Happy New Year Wallow In Self Pity




Happy New Year - and I'm glad it's over. I really HATE New Year's Eve. It seems like everyone has plans or is doing something fun. It wasn't a total washout. We went to see The Girl In The Dragon Tattoo, a terrific and engaging film. It was really well done and very close to the book with a few exceptions. It was a low tech film, dark and moody, like the book. When we got home, I made a spicy scallop and shrimp linguine. We didn't even stay up for the New Year. B-O-R-I-N-G! 

I was feeling sorry for myself, although I feel a little better now. This is my Medicare year. In just a few months, I'll be signing up. So, I've decided to put off doing things until then. Talk about depressing. I don't feel old. I look at myself in the mirror and don't see old, but I think other people do. I know I should accept age gracefully, but I don't WANT TO! 

A few days, one of my Facebook "friends" was waxing nostalgic about growing up in the 50's and 60's and how much "better" things were. I don't share that view. I LIKE technology. I LIKE having a mobile instead of trying to find a phone booth that actually works and wasn't last used by someone with walking pneumonia. I LIKE using a word processing software program instead of banging away on a typewriter. I LIKE using a digital camera instead of worrying and obsessing about how much film I'm using. 

The problem with getting older is that  inevitably my body just needs to "rest" more. Today was our gym day. I did 10 minutes of serious rowing, following by my weights, followed by 10 minutes of (mostly) furious pedaling on the recumbent bike. I have to admit that I'm tired. I shouldn't be annoyed but I am. The other day I found myself wondering if anyone would even miss us if they didn't hear from us for a while. I know I'm wallowing but since this is MY blog, I'm going to wallow. I'm just keeping it here for now.
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

Brigitte said...

Hi Larraine, yes, I'd miss you! A lot!